Monday, June 16, 2008

MY LATEST FIND~MARK IT WITH A "G" MACARONS







On my great search for the best Macaron in the US I happened on Mark It With A "G", in a funny sort of way, looking for someone to do some flash for my new site. How do you like that ?





Mark It With A G is in Shelter Island and owned by a delightful couple who it seems have traveled the world, to arrive back "home" and now have a fabulous French patisserie shop, making a Macaron that could, and does rival a Pierre Herme or even the illustrious LaDuree.

Reed at "Mark It With A "G" was having to wait out the weather and storms we all have been experiencing and the high humidity and electrical outages in order to bake the perfect Macaron for my order, but that she did , and they arrived beautifully boxed and in a wonderful and professional cold pak in perfect condition. There was a lovely personal note from Reed & Jesse telling me that if the pretty little delights didn't arrive in perfect condition they would replace them. But no need at all, they arrived perfectly, and ready for their photoshoot ( yes I took the photos that you see here when the box arrived with my own trusty camera! ) and my private tasting party :)


What a delight and what a wonderful treat !

I think more people read my blog for my references to Macarons than almost anything. Plus the recipe I listed to make your own.

So this I want to share with you all~~ Order some for yourself now ! It just has to be the ultimate indulgence, and this little patisserie has to be the best of the very best for those of us who can't travel to Paris each time we want to indulge !

These photos were taken by me right as I opened the package, and before I wanted to take a bite out of each flavor ! Who could resist ! Thank you so much Mark It With A "G", you are magnificent. If I only could speak French, but you know what I mean !!

1 comment:

Margarita Bloom said...

Wow, those look absolutely scrumptious! Oh! MY, I'm drooling. lol. I have to try to make those one of these days and they're even in MB colors too!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...